With the upcoming school year looming in the near future, I can’t help but feel a weird mixture of excited and sad. This is my last year of undergrad. And I can’t tell you for sure what I’ll be doing next year. Not having a plan is a foreign concept to me… up to this point in my life- I’ve always known what was next. But at this point, I just can’t predict what’s going to happen. Of course, I’m applying to some grad schools- but the idea of taking a year off is becoming more and more tempting. Especially with this senioritis I’ve seem to have caught. But I decided for this post that I wanted to make a list (because I love lists) of the things I love about going back to school and things I’m sad about when going back to school (6 hours away).
1. Buying school supplies. I love. love. love. LOVE school supplies. I’m not kidding. A fresh spiral notebook can make my entire day. Not to mention- organizing everything. I live for organizing.
2. Taking naps, and having free time. When I’m at school, I don’t have a job (although I probably should) so this leaves a lot of free time for “activities”, such as needed sleep, and homework time.
3. Friends! Majority of my friends are from WSU, which makes sense, since that’s where I spend 9 months out of the year. But since they go to WSU- most of them do not live near me when I’m home in the summer. So it’s always nice to go back and see everyone, and definitely catch up.
4. Going to class. Believe it or not- I actually enjoy attending class. I love my major, I love my professors, I love the people in my major, it’s like a little speech and hearing sciences family.
Things I’m not too fond of while being at school:
1. Being away from my family (mom, dad, sister/b-i-l, nephew, boyfriend, etc.)
2. Stress. I tend to over stress over the small things (and major things). And my blood pressure and likelihood of getting an ulcer are much higher while attending school.
3. The weather. Pullman’s weather is a freak show. I’ve literally experienced all four seasons in the span of 1 day and 6 miles. Plus, trekking to school in snow up to your knees isn’t exactly a cake walk.
4. Exams. I hate exams. But do you know what I hate more? Essays. Bleh.
So now my question to you is, what do you hate and love about school?