Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I thought I’d take part in this fun Christmas meme. Feel free to do the same! 🙂
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Ironic, I just had this discussion the other day. I personally prefer wrapping paper, because I like to get it all nice and neat- with a bow on top of course. But gift bags can be really simple and fun too. I’m not opposed to them.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, but lately I’ve been looking at blogs where people have purchased those white artificial trees and made them look really neat… I still don’t condone buying a fake tree unless you live somewhere where real trees aren’t accessible for less than 150 buckaroos.
3. When do you put up the tree? If it were my way we’d have a tree all year. But we usually put it up weekend after Thanksgiving. We’ve been getting lazy as the years pass though.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years… usually New Years day it seems.
5. Do you like eggnog? No.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbies, I lived for them.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad!
8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not personally, but my mom has at least 5 I can think of.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! Why would you ever send an e-Christmas card? Can we say ‘weak!’?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I love Christmas gifts… I can’t think of a truly bad one… they’re all entertaining.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Love Actually… but do you know what I really love? The made for TV movies that come out every year on ABC family and Fa la la la Lifetime. There’s nothing better! I’ve already watched 6 in the 5 days I’ve been home.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I feel the need, I don’t like to rush.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I have. Shhhh…
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey! But my mom also makes me this white trash-esque jello pudding with cottage cheese in it. It sounds very unappealing but really it’s the best!
16. Clear or colored lights on the tree? Depends on how you decorate it. I’m partial to color… but I like old fashioned color, not the new age pinks and purples. And I do NOT like blue Christmas lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have a few. “Melikilikimaka”… kidding, haha. No but I do love me some Christmas music.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home! I love home, especially now that I don’t live at home, it makes it even more special to be at home during the holidays.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Heck no.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel on ours… but if it were my own tree probably a star, unless I could find a classy looking angel, which is doubtful. Have you seen the selections out there?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning! Christmas Eve has never really been a big deal for us. We usually have potato soup and play board games. Sounds delicious.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? This year it’s the snow. So redic! I’m over it… other than that, I’d say nothing, I live for this time of year!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don’t really have a favorite ornament. But I do love red and green for Christmas. Just the classic colors. I don’t like this new business of people decorating with pinks and oranges. What’s that? Mos def not Christmas!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, bread, sparkling apple cider, stuffing, my ghetto jello stuff. You know- the goods!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My mom asked me this… and I couldn’t answer. I’m a content girl!